Winter Shelter Contest Winners
FixNation continues to deliver free shelters to colony caregivers who submitted the winning stories to our contest in honor of National Feral Cat Day. The shelters were built by FixNation staff and volunteers, lovingly customized with a personal message for the colony, and is accompanied by a bottle of Jackson Galaxy’s Spirit Essences Feral Flower Formula.
Even in Los Angeles, where winters are typically mild, managed colonies need refuge from rains and cold temperatures. These simple shelters are providing comfort for community cats and supporting the tireless caregivers who feed and advocate for them every day.
Enjoy their stories below.
- Beloved Niñita (Small Girl), by Victoria Rosales
- I wouldn’t have it any other way, by Krista Lopez
- Mama Lucy and her Kittens, by Alexandra Pereira
- Billie, Tabitha, and Nigel, by Kimberlie Hamilton
- Jingles’ Legacy, by Kathy Santiago
- I got me a guard cat, by Tim Bounthoch
- I’m a trap and release kinda cat lady, by Jenna Allen
- Nicholas, by Yvonne Gomez
- The love goes both ways, by Lisa Cordero
- Gunner & B.B., by Jean Lupien
- The beginning of my adventure into the world of TNR, by Beryl Acosta
- It definitely is worth it, by Sandra Lynn
- Black cats are for loving, by Rodger McCullough
- Annie, by Larry Taylor
- If you feed them, you must fix them, by Tom Pepper
- Eleven out of thirteen, by Sally Higgins
- Her feral angels, by Karen Paton
- CeCe and Abbey, by Mindy Norris
- Cats find me, by Emily Barclay Ford
- I started with a colony of 4, by Michelle Garcia