12 Reasons to Love Black Cats
To celebrate National Black Cat Appreciation Day this August 17th, we thought we’d share a few reasons why we love our ebony kitty friends:
- Black cats were worshiped in ancient Egypt.
- Black cats have had starring role on TV shows and in the movies, such as The Simpsons, Star Trek, and Sabrina the Teenage Witch.
- Black cats are so elegant. They’re always ready for a fancy black tie affair!
- Black cats are like mini ninjas, practically invisible at night. How cool is that?
- The richest cat on earth is a black cat. His Italian owner bequeathed him $13 million when she died, giving Tommaso a place in the Guinness Book of World Records.
- In Great Britain and Japan, black cats are actually considered lucky.
- Black cats like the Bombay look like mini panthers, with sleek black coats and golden eyes. Some folks call them “parlor panthers.”
- Black goes with everything.
- Holding a black cat on your lap provides an instant slimming effect.
- If you like to wear black, a black cat’s fur won’t show on your Little Black Dress.
- Some sports teams have black cats as mascots. We suspect this might give them a competitive edge.
- Black cats are half as likely to be adopted as other cats, but they are lovable and loving creatures that deserve a forever home too!