“Tame” refers to the temperament of a cat and although some homeless cats can be tame, when FixNation refers to “tame cats” we mean owned, pet cats (or rescued cats or kittens seeking adoption).
Please note: If your tame cat is over five years of age, we will not be able to fix your cat here. Instead we recommend you take your cat to a full-service vet hospital.
- $55 for a female/spay
- $40 for a male/neuter.
The following services are also available for tame cats while at FixNation for spay/neuter surgery:
- Rabies vaccine – $10
- Distemper vaccine (FVRCP) – $15
- Revolution (flea treament and dewormer) – $20
- Deworming (for tapeworms) – $5
- Microchipping – $5
- Feline Leukemia/FIV combo testing – $25
- Nail trims (tame cats only) – $5
- Additional take-home antibiotics – $15
- Convenia (long-lasting antibiotic injection) – $25
Payment is due at the time of pick up. We accept cash and credit cards (VISA, MC, DISC, AMEX). We do not accept checks.
FixNation accepts LA City spay/neuter vouchers. If you live within LA City limits, you are eligible for up to three (3) City spay/neuter vouchers per year, each good for $30 off the cost of surgery.
For LA City residents, you can pick up a City voucher at any of the six LA City animal shelters.
If you need to cancel or change your appointment for any reason, please call or email ASAP! We have limited appointments available and want to schedule other cats in need!
Reminders before your appointment day:
- Adult cats should not have any food after 12 midnight the night before surgery. Water is okay.
- Kittens under four months should have a small amount of wet food (about a teaspoon) around 6:00 a.m. the morning of surgery. This is to help maintain their blood sugar levels. Please make sure kittens are fed a small amount of food before bringing them in the day of surgery. Water is also okay.
- Each tame cat must arrive in an individual secure, hard plastic carrier. No cardboard boxes, cardboard carriers or canvas pet bags allowed. Only one cat per carrier.
On your appointment date:
- Check in is from 7:00 a.m – 8:00 a.m.
When you arrive at the clinic, please leave the cats in your car while you complete check-in admission forms. Once you’ve completed the check-in paperwork, you’ll be instructed to bring your cat into the clinic. Because FixNation is a high-volume clinic, our lobby gets very busy in the morning. This process helps us to keep things running smoothly for everyone.
- Be reachable by phone.
While your cat is here at the clinic, please make sure you are at a phone number that is reachable, or check your messages often. If there is any emergency, we will need to get a hold of you. Also, we will call you as soon as your cat is ready to go home.
- Plan to pickup your cat the same day.
Cats go home the same day; we do not hold cats overnight. We will call you when your cat is ready to go. Normally cats are cleared for release between 2:30pm – 4pm; however, exact times vary depending on how many surgeries we have that day.
- Pick up your cat by 5pm.
The FixNation clinic closes at 5pm. If you arrive after 5pm there is a $25 late fee per cat.