There are so many ways that you can help homeless cats in your area.
Do you want to ease the suffering of the homeless cats on our city streets? Do you aspire to make a positive impact in our community and leave our world a better place for all? Or are you simply a huge feline fan? Then FixNation is looking for you.
FixNation offers a meaningful volunteer experience. We are in need of compassionate, focused volunteers across a wide variety of skill sets.
- Outreach – door-to-door canvassing, phone calls, mailings, and tabling at events are critical to reaching new communities with information about spay/neuter
- General assistance – general help and support at the clinic or at clinic events
- Vets, techs, and tech assistants – to play key roles at our volunteer-led clinics including surgeries, vaccines, cat care and monitoring
- Trapping – helping with trapping on the occasions where someone is elderly or disabled and unable to trap themselves
- Transportation – to transport cats from caregiver homes to and from our clinic
- Fundraising - host an event, organize a bake sale, or run a marathon in FixNation’s honor
- PR and Advertising – help FixNation reach an even larger audience with your PR and Marketing connections
To get started, complete this simple application to tell us more about yourself. Our Volunteer Coordinator, Dali Colorado, will be in touch very soon!
Current Volunteer Opportunities include:
East Valley Outreach for Free Spay/Neuter
As part as the Best Friends NKLA Initiative, FixNation is providing FREE spay/neuter services to qualifying San Fernando Valley residents that live in certain zip codes and make under $40,000.00 per year. The zip codes that we are targeting directly link to the shelters in the area that have the highest euthanasia rates of cats in Los Angeles. We have plans to hit these target zip codes with outreach materials and need volunteers to help us spread the word! With this outreach we hope to get those living in these zip codes to bring their pet cats to the clinic for spay/neuter surgery by offering it at NO COST if they financially qualify. We welcome any volunteer to help us canvas door to door, table at local stores or drop off outreach materials if they are willing! Bilingual (Spanish/English) volunteers a plus but not mandatory by any means.